Wednesday, December 27, 2006

ENG'ing lives... vo patrol day

Gerald Ford died today. When I came into work, I found I was on vo patrol and my first assignment was to meet a guy who was at the Republican National Convention which was in Kansas City. He had collected a lot of memorabilia. I was told this would be an anchor package. Here is the Fox 4 take on today. That includes what became of my effort, which was a vo/sot instead of a package.

I instead was sent to get van 1 to shoot a live shot with Leslie and Bob down in Ooolathe. The suspicious death of Saturday is now being investigated as a murder and her boyfriend is the lead suspect. I was supposed to bring them a tape, but in my haste at trying to get the truck to them so they could edit, I forgot it. So, comedy of errors, Sam, our desk person, had to send Rachael, our new photog out with the tape. Ooops. Either way, a change of mind was had, and I was to turn around and take van 1 downtown to eng Tess' live. However, Sam and I agreed to take the truck to Leslie so that she could log and edit as much as she could until the SNG truck got there.

So we did that, and afterward, I made that long trek up I-35 to the downtown loop. I set up for Tess' live, which was a folo on the story we did yesterday. I am glad to see that we could get a shot out despite the Sprint arena being built in the path of our microwave signal.

I now begin two days off, WOOOO HOOOO!

TMI

Stevo

No comments: