Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snowstorm Breakdown

So after I left the station last night, I went and got some more pix and went to Town Topic and had the TRUCKSTOP! If you haven't ever had the truckstop, it is the one stop shopping of breakfasts. It is eggs scrambled into hashbrowns, and I always have the sausage mixed in. The whole thing is topped with american cheese. It is a belly bomber of a meal and is short order griddle cooking at it's finest. I also had cawfee and coconut cream pie. This healthy diet makes for a contented budda. I left there and got some more pix around town. It is fun to have the night to yourself to get some of these hidden moments of darkness captured. I had 4 wheel drive and the ice storm sorta scared the cockroaches away, so I had at it. I came back to the station as Suyens work would probably take 'til 8, and I camped out in the Odyssey with the motor and heater on -- cozy. The phone awoke me and I went to get my lovely at MTN. The roads had cleared up, so we headed home in both our cars. Now, when I left home the day before, I was sort of in a rush. Well, you know, animals and children always pick the most inopportune times to get what they want. Well, Tima got what she wanted, which was to go outside. I had to leave her there not expecting Suyen and I would be gone that long. Well, Tima was anxious to come in as she had a frozen tushy. Suyen and I crashed, waking up at 14:30. I had to go in today to sign up for my vacation. It was the perfect day, as Suyen was off too, and I need her there to help coordinate. Well, it was perfect, except the sign up person called in sick and the weather was frightful annnnnnnnd as we got to 291 in Independence, our windshield wiper quit working. So after some calls to Fritz, I headed to Jiffy Lube. I needed an oil change anyway.

We are waiting on our car, the cherrybomb, which has a broken windshield wiper.




This is the view of the snowstorm at 40 Highway and Noland Road in Independence.


Suyen is looking out the front windows, watching the snow and drinking a hot mocha.



We were stuck at 40 Hwy and Noland waiting on the car, which they got done an hour later -- except that they cannot fix the wiper. They said the motor or something inside is bad. So, we had to get a tow. Ahem -- today is not the day to need a tow. So several hours later, after dark and after we went across the street to eat a terrible dinner at Hyvee, we got picked up by Recovery tow to take us to the station, and the cherrybomb to Broadway Amoco. What fun. It was really reallly realllllly snowing outside. We got ourselves and our stuff we needed unloaded at the station, and the car went on it's merry way to the garage..... again.... second time this week. Suyen and I got the Odyssey and headed towards the Bates City direction. On the way home we stopped a Central Perk to de-ice and have some hot drinks. The weather made their business suffer and they were closing an hour early. I uploaded some pix, and we made our merry way home. Well, our fun sleigh ride was not so joyous as the snow was coming down so hard that the wipers couldn't keep up with it. The roads were barely visible, but at least the drivers were being nice to us. We got home slowly but ok. We let Tima out briefly to take care of bidness. Then as Suyen went to bed, I snuck out with Tima to do my nice snowstorm walk.

After having a rough day fighting the weather and dealing with the car, I took Tima for a walk in the snow. It was great exercise, but Suyen think's I'm crazy.


This is the head house for the Ballerina trailer park.


That is something I haven't been able to do in years, and I miss it. It is great exercise and you can think while out there in the elements. Just do not wander too far from home as the elements can overtake you fast. But I love walking in the snow because it is so still and quiet. The snows chase most of the traffic away and so it is just you and the sound of the wind and the snowflakes hitting your parka. It doesn't take much of a walk to get good exercise from it either, so that's a plus too. I came home and Suyen thought I was crazy. Tima is now curled up into a ball and is snoring soundly.


Here are the pix I took from these two days. Click here if the slideshow doesn't work.

TMI

Stevo

No comments: