Thursday, November 23, 2006

a disjointed response to a myspace post.

Hey, I quote that part of boB's profile all the time. There are some who think I am somehow diseased or needing attention --- maybe so. But what I like about that statement of his is that it is a moral one. I have found that for too many people the only morality they seek is the approval of their peers. So to say that someone somewhere is willing to rise above the narcissism and self-aggrandizement of all these "clever" individuals is to me saying everything. We live in a faux society now. That is not to say there aren't any deep thinkers out there with interesting things to add to the discourse of our daily lives, but too often their words and ideas are drowned out by the "what color should I color my hair today" crowd, and by the "heeeey look at me, I'm cool" people..... blah blah blah. I can see why I'm not popular with that view.

The quote in question:

Bob's Blurbs
About me:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Most of everything you might have heard about me is probably more urban legend and myth then anything else.

I am inteligent, kind, caring, focussed and respectful (To those who earn it and deserve it, or at least prove that they don't)

Sometimes I like to just be by myself alone and swimming in my own sea of thoughts.

Other times I like to be out amungst people, but I am more comfortable hanging out with a few close friends.

I like music and coffee. I don't use drugs or drink, but I have no particular judgement or opinion on those who do. (Except meth heads...I try to get them out of my life as soon and completely as I can)

I know a whole lot of "Hipster" "Cool" and "In-Crowd" people....some of them are even real people.

But I have found time and time again that the dorks, nerds, geeks, freaks, and UN-in-hip-cool people make much better friends, are infinately more reliable, more entertaining and LOYAL (As long as they are treated well) and REAL then pretentious scenesters who I find myself haveing less and less time for.

Chances are that the guy (Or girl) that you and your friends are making fun of, excluding from your social circles for purly superficial reasons, or otherwise wiping your nose on, is a friend of mine, and I would enjoy THEIR company over yours.
PLEASE exclude me from your social group as well if you are into that kind of bullshit.

And jeezuz-wizzus, I almost feel dirty for even writing that.

which is from:

http://myspace.com/bobcutler

No comments: