Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday 12 November 2006

I worked 6 to 2 today. I didn't immediately have a liveshot for the 7 AM show. Instead I drove to a housefire at 41st and Locust. Apparently some college aged people partied a little hardy last night and something set an overstuffed chair on fire. Firefighters had a bit of a hard time rousting a couple of the people on the top floor. Then I picked up Lori and we did our lives at Saint Lukes South in Overland Park on drive through flu shots.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=1462611&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=5.7.1

Afterward I dropped Lori off and went to Town Topic to eat. Some of the staff that I know there have quit. There wasn't anything for me for the rest of the afternoon. I went to try to dub some stuff for a package I'm working on, but somebody was using that station. So, I went to Y.J.'s to wait for a call.

Sunday 12 November 2006, originally uploaded by studestevo.

Y.J.'s Snack Cafe at 18th and Wyandotte in Kansas City, Missouri. That is Jimmy waiting for his wife. This was about 14:30.



I talked to Jimmy for a while. We got on the subject of timeshifting and old tv commercials, and I recounted the rediscovery I made of an old forgotten vhs tape recording of "the Day After" which we recorded the night it aired on ABC, in 1983. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After

One of the younger people there eavesdropping on our conversation thought we were talking about "the Day After Tomorrow."

I headed back late and dropped my battery and Scotts camera off, and got into my own car. I left a note explaining that I'm not able to be on call tonight as I have no gear. I then headed home. Suyen and I were vacillating between staying home, or going back into the city to get her car. We decided to do the latter. I was hungry, so we stopped and ate at Boston Market. then we went to Crave. I called my friend Ti, but she was unable to come over as she was sitting with her child. Then we got Suyen's car and headed home in the rain.

No comments: