Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wednesday 9-9-09

Today started out rainy. This is the beginning of the grey season which is winter around here, which I love sooo much -- NOT! I visited a graveyard today, and the tombs were retail history. I got a chance to explore the forgotten corner that is, or was, Bannister Mall. I call it Bannister hole now. It seems the reason for demolishing the mall is going to Village West in Kansas City Kansas. Perhaps in 30 years we'll be lamenting the abandonment that used to be called the Legends. For now, it is hot, as we forget the wastefulness that created burned out spots and blight everywhere we turn. My aunt live in a 600 plus year old house in the UK, but 30 years is considered old in the states. I see this emptiness and abandonment and think we would rather spend millions in public money rather than let the market prevail and allow the economics to determine the use or reuse of something.
Wednesday 9 September 2009 (9-9-09)
Click here to see the slideshow for Sunday 6 September 2009.

TMI

Stevo

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-wizards-bannister-jilted-090909,0,2320397.story

No comments: