Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday 28 May 2006

14:32 -- I'm at Crave Cafe. I just got done with my Sunday morning woik. I'm having some sort of coffee shake thingy. It has been a weekend of playing detective. Yesterday I was with Bob. We went to the morning press conference in front of the Independence Police station. Of course it is about that couple from Independence who killed that woman and videotaped the whole thing. They have been caught finally, but the police didn't have much more to add than that. We got new pictures of Richard Davis. I dropped Bob off at the station, and went to Lafayette County to ask some questions around Bates City. Today I was with Kim. We did lives at Union Station.

Zorpia Photo Sharing: Free Unlimited Storage & Bandwidth
The set up for the evenings festivities at Union Station in Kansas City

Zorpia Photo Sharing: Free Unlimited Storage & Bandwidth
1928 Ahearn-Fox Fire Truck at Union Station -- a new addition to the exhibit there

Zorpia Photo Sharing: Free Unlimited Storage & Bandwidth
View across Pershing Road up the hill to the south towards Liberty Memorial


They are having a lot of big events tonight, including a visit from Union Pacifics 844, so I hope to be there for that. Last night I paid a visit to Y.J.'s. They have wifi -- woohooo. I learned from David that they are putting a rocket back on top of the old TWA building. The rocket looks something like this:



Read about it here:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/dan_viets/archive/2005/10/03/1740.aspx


This afternoon I spent along Kaw Drive pacing trains in hopes that UP's 844 would pass through here. Unfortunately, the information I got was wrong, and by the time I got to Union Station, 844 was already there.

No comments: