Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday, 13 July 2006

Thursday, 13 July 2006 @ 16:36
Home in the puter room
Balerina Swan Lake Mobile Home Country Club Community
Bates City Missouri

CODE YELLOW



I've uploaded more pix, so there they are. You know if you click on that slidewhow it will bring you to the Zorpia page that has the pix...

Here's an update.....

Sunday 9 July: I worked with Lori in the morning on lives about a water garden tour. The yard we were in had a Garden railroad operating all around it and some peacocks -- really neato. I worked with sports later after the lives with an interview with the Royals general manager and then a vo/sot at the 810 Zone about the World Cup. After woik I went to Y.J.s, and ran into Bill. We talked about all the goings on in the crossroads. He took me to the After Dark Gallery and to a place by where Wierd Stuff used to be where a guy is producing plays.

Monday 10 July: I woiked with Nancy. We were at first going to do OP Pitbulls, but then when we realized the OP meeting was going to be held on Wednesday, we got re-directed to do William Hung, the American Idol Wannabe who's rendition of "she bangs" was pretty awful -- so awful that it made him sort of a star in his own right and now he sings all over the US. Today he was singing at the T-Bones. He seems like a really nice guy. I wish him luck in his endeavors.

Tuesday 11 July: I woiked with Tess. On this day we were only going to do an interview on a piece she is working on. However, we got sent to a barracaded subject threatening to kill himself in Olathe. We managed to get video of him surrendering, so that was good. I was in the Air Force for 4 years plus one year in the reserves, but I NEVER got to call in air support, until now. I called in Skyfox to get shots of the Olathe PD apprehending the guy. I the wee hours of the morning, I got paged to go to a fatal accident in Grain Valley. A 16 year old killed himself in a one car crash. If he had his seat belts on, it may have been a different outcome than what it was.

Wednesday 12 July: I woiked with Shelly. We were to do the Olathe Pit Bull story yet again. It turned out to be pretty much vo material -- no decision was forthcoming. We got sent to Grain Valley to cover the candle light vigil for the 16 year old. It was a wierd atmosphere -- like over a hundred teens eating pizza and hanging out, and some seemed to be enjoying it, like it was a party. We talked to the teens girlfriend and friend. They were pretty broke up by the whole deal. We did lives for the 9 & 10.

Thursday 13 July: Today Suyen had a doctors appointment. She's had an itch in a private area that needed attention. We then ate at TJ's downtown, and I got August Trains at Show Me Rail. We then went shopping on Metcalf. I got an adaptor ring for my wide angle lens on my camera. If you look at the later pix in the house, you can see the wide angle lens. Unfortunately theres a little vignetting, but not too bad. Suyen got sick from the heat waiting for me in the car, so we came home after the photo shop.

I've added some videos:

Here is driving in the rain on the 24th of June....


and here is driving to Clinton, Missouri the night of the Elks Lodge collapse...

No comments: