Saturday, July 08, 2006

REaaallyy playing Catchup.... Saturday 8 July 2006

21:38
Puter Room -- home
Balerina Mobile Home Country Club Community
Bates City Missouri

CODE GREEN

Okay, to summ up what I've been up to.....

July 1 -- Saturday, went out to Clinton again with Lori. We did a follow up story on the Olde Glory Days parade, the one the Elks was preparing for when their building collapsed.

July 2 -- Sunday, worked with Kim -- had no live at 7, but soloed a live at the Pleasant Valley Baptist Church -- it was their day they spent honoring American servicemen. Km and I did vo patrol afterward. Then I spent part of the afternoon working on my Nats Package. In the afternoon and evening, Suyen and I went to Powell Gardens where my sister and her family goes every year and listened to the tail end of the Orchestra concert and watched the fireworks display. Afterward, we went to Dennys to have Ice cream. When we got home, I completely collapsed into bed -- my time on the road has been wearing me out.

July 3 -- Monday, worked with Shelly on a follow up to a story about a kid who locked himself in the trunk of his parents car. He was doing very poorly as he was there a long time before his parents discovered him and it was HOT on Sunday. Our angle was that cars now come with latches inside the trunk so that people can get out of them. I got to lock Shelly in a trunk for our standup -- well, not really, but the story turned out well and everyone remembered the standup.

July 4 -- Tuesday, Happy 230th USA!!!! Nancy and I went to Smithville Lake where we got to ride along with the Water Patrol -- Fun!!!! It turned out to be a good story too. At night the fireworks display over KCK was awesome -- I mean, the backyard display that everyone was doing. We got called out on breaking news, and we had a very surreal time driving through all the fireworks displays listening to the 1812 Overture being played on KCUR.

July 5 -- Wednesday, the Day After. I got the day to work on some things, like cleaning my work car and doing some other odd errands that have to be done. The big thing, though is that I got a lot of time to work on my Nats package, which I really needed. I did Tess and Ryans liveshot -- eng'd it, that is, and it was interesting. Butch Rigby, who runs Screenland and other theatre ventures in KC, is opening up the old Granada in KCK. That theatre was used in Robert Altmans film, "Kansas City." Way to go Butch!!!!

July 6 -- Thursday -- Day Off -- Suyen and I went to something I will write about later but can't really discuss for now. It is exciting though. I finished editing my Nats Package waiting for her. Then we went to my parents for dinner and my dads favorite movie "Shane."

July 7 -- Friday -- DAy Off -- First Friday -- Suyen had conspired (planned) with her co-workers to go out to a movie at AMC Theaters in Independence. Her co-worker, Mary, read "The Davinci Code" and wanted to see the movie, so we went. Afterward we et at BD's Mongolian. We then took Mary to her car in Oakie, and Suyen and I headed to First Friday. My Nats Package will air on Sunday after this one. First Friday was great. We spent a lot of time just walking around and seeing all the different people. I saw and talked to a lot of people I know. I talked to Rick Probst, and he was happy with the little thing I did on him from last time......

I saw James and CJ at Stretches Beer Garden. Suyen even seemed to enjoy this First Friday, and she HATES art...

Today, I worked with Bob for the first time in 3 weeks. He came off vacation. Today we did a story on a sad home invasion that ended in murder. The guy was a devoted father of 3 kids. It happened at 33rd and Mersington. I shot a vo/sot on the KCK police trying to recruit minorities. I got a neat tour of the Command post vehicle. I edited Bob's package and finished dubbing my nats package. After work I went to the Y.J.'s. I met Bill, who I've been trying to get his number for a source, since the Crossroads is my beat. We talked for a long time about what we should do as far as stories on the Crossroads. He took me to the After Dark gallery, then to this place over by where Weird Stuff antiques used to be. There is a person there he introduced me to that has to great plays that we should do stories on. AFterward, I came home to my loving wife and chicken salad -- MMMMmmmm.

I have pictures and videos to post, but no time to do it. I will work on it when I have time, including boB's stuff.

No comments: