Monday, June 12, 2006

Tuesday 13 June 2006

01:11 -- Bates City
Balerina Modular Home Country Club Community
In the puter room

CODE RED

I am very frustrated. I have seen the circle of things and find that I am powerless to break that evil chain of events which always leads to the same dead ends in the Midwestern dead endedness that is the confort of conformity that makes everyone not want to rise up to their potential but rather sink into their confortable warm vat of shit. I speak of the endless debate over the freedom of expression that is and can only take place in an all-ages venue. When music meets the audience for the first time a symbiosis of creativity takes place that can only be found in that moment when the music is fresh and raw and rough and the crowd is eager and appreciative of a place to have as their own. Of course, the city of Kansas is completely against that sort of thing because of safety issues or because of teen violence or because of name your excuse here. Really what it boils down to is fear of youth. So, when artists come together and create and esthetic that is not only liveable but also makes good business sense, soon it is witnessed that all people will want to come to that area and partake of it's goodness, only, why are there so many damn wierdo artists hanging around? So, out go the artist, on their collective rears to seek out places that have not been gentrified beyond their measily meagerness. The city clamps down on freedom of speech and expression for the betterment of all intolerant ignoramouses who cannot find themselves living next to a black person or a poor person or a wierdo. So it goes and goes.

But that is not why I'm really frustrated.

The city has an ally.

I tried today to apply my punk sensitivities and move it forward into the situation that I find myself. I found willing listeners amongst "the man" but I found that those who were supposedly the victims of this assault were busily helping the enemy. I wish I could do something to sound the claxon warning, but I was silenced by those who are unwilling and completely afraid to talk to the media. Hmmm, what to do? Well, I did my best, but I was shot down by the artists themselves. Tomorrow it is not a story, but they wanted to wait -- today is not a good day, the guy who knows something is not here now and I cannot be bothered to tell you how to get ahold of him. Well, you killed a perfectly good story as well as a chance to tell your side. Tomorrow the public will only hear how el Torreon is a violent place where underage kids gather, and you know what, that is the truth. I don't mean that is what actually happened, but because you guys had only 10 seconds to make the right decision and you blew it, that is the truth -- I will testify to that myself. Kansas City's youth are violent and stupid brutes who should not be trusted in any more numbers that one or two, and tomorrow the bands will only be able to play in places that serve alcohol to an over 21 crowd, and soon the art wharehouses will be replaced by half a million dollar or better studio lofts and soon Kansas City will sink back to where it belongs, in the muck of being an retarded little cowtown not known for much of anything other than Harry Truman and bbQ. Oh, yeah, it will also be known for its violent troubled youth.

But that's TMI

Stevo

No comments: