Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday 18 June 2006

21:40
Central Perk Coffeehouse
Independence, Missouri
CODE YELLOW

Today was a busy day. I got up for my usual Sunday morning shift. We abbreviated the lives a little so I could get out the door with Bob to go to the Topeka Phelps protest. I worked with Kim on the lives. We did a bicycle ride for diabetes research in the river market, and we did fathers day at the Zoo. I got back to the station and out by 09:45. We dashed out to Topeka, and arrived by 10:50. We first went to the area around the Phelps church. We found the lady whose yard had the show. The band had started and was shooed off by Topekas finest by the time we got there, as was expected. We interviewed the lady, and we interviewed the Phelps spokesperson. We got a little b-roll and then went to where the band and protesters had moved to, which was a bar some blocks down the road. Everyone seemed happy to see us and we got some good sound and video. Then we dashed back to get the story written and edited. I volunteered to stay over to edit it. It aired in the 17:00.

Suyen and I are relaxing and getting ready to see a movie -- A Prarie Home Companion.

No comments: