Saturday, June 17, 2006

Saturday 17 June 2006

CODE RED
Bourgeouis Pig
9th and Massachussetts
Lawrence, Kansas

18:32 -- Just drove over here to meet boB. We actually went to meet boB Thursday, but something happened so unspeakably bad that I still don't want to talk about it. Things are ok now. Tomorrow there will be a big protest in front of the Phelps compound in Topeka. My friend, boB asked me if he could borrow Suyen's little Samsung camcorder. So I'm here to give it to him. However, the thought just crossed my mind that he will be here with a band from Orlando Florida that is going to play in front of the Phelps' compound, so, I'm here with my gear as I am on call, I might as well get some sots and bring them back to the station. Tomorrow may be a historic day.

I worked on Monday with Steve on a story about how teens seem to be comitting more violence. Tuesday I worked with Shelly on a story about a new neighborhood in Lenexa that will bar convicted sex offenders. Wednesday I was with Sherita, we did a story on sex education in Kansas -- how the Kansas School board has decided that Kansas School districts should be teaching abstinence over all.

On Friday, Suyen and I hung out at the house most of the day. I finally edited and uploaded the little Jeepney story I did in the Philippines....

We went to my parents and had a little fathers day celebration which consisted of eating and watching an old movie -- "Boomtown."

No comments: