Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Saturday 31 March through Good Friday 6 April 2007

Wednesday 4 April 2007
22:20 -- bedroom

Saturday 31 March I worked with Kim -- We went to Steinmart -- they were having a sale where if you brought clothes in for Goodwill, they would give you 20% off. Kim got ill as her whole family is suffering from stomach flu. Saturday was my first day back after being off sick. I'm still feeling yucky, but able to function -- barely. Kim on the other hand had to go home after our first hit. I went on vo patrol on the rest of the day. I ended up going to a shooting at the end of my shift. I guy was shot 7 times in a driveby. It turned out to be a homicide. His friends tried to take him to a hospital but ended up running out of gas at 55th and Prospect where I caught up with them. Later on that night, the police finally caught Shauntay Henderson. For all the talk about how bad she was and how she would fight, she sure went down easy.


Saturday 31 March 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

This is the view of Shawnee Mission Park lake from the beach at the dog park.




Saturday 31 March 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

Tima is standing on the beach of the dog park in Shawnee Mission Park.



Sunday 1 April I worked 10 to 6 with Bob. We went to the apartments where Shauntay was caught. We asked neighbors what they thought. We went live from the apartments. They happened to be at the Englewood exit of 169, which is one exit south of our exit.

Moanday 2 April 2007. I worked with Nancy. We were having a hard time getting a story. Suyen fell really ill and stayed home sick. I brought her dinner from Boston Market. A body was found in Brush Creek. We went to cover it, and it eventually became our story. However, I did Sherita's liveshot at the city jail on Shauntay Henderson.


Moanday 2 April 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

This is City Hall from mine and Sherita's liveshot downtown.




Moanday 2 April 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

This is police headquarters that has the city jail in the upper floors.



Tuesday 3 April 2007. I worked with Sherita. We went to Lawrence on a story that didn't pan out. We saw and shot part of a police chase where Lawrence PD's finest yelled at me about parking illegally. They were quite violent about it too. The we drove all the way up to Plattsburg to interview a father of a woman who was stabbed and stuffed in the trunk of a car by, they think, the father of her child. We only had time to do 2 vo/sots for the 9/10. The weather has taken a really cold snap today.


Tuesday 3 April 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

On our way to Plattsburg, we passed through the small town of Grayson. Sherita's son's name is Grayson so we snapped a picture.



Wednesday 4 April 2007. I worked 12:30 to 20:30 with Leslie. We blazed out to Bonner Springs where a manager of Subway was robbed when she went to deposit it at the bank. Don shot most of the police search and everything. We got an interview with a farmer who was in the police perimeter. We went live from the Subway. Barry ENG'd. We had a bit of a hard time as the truck showed up late for our shot. Then after the 6, we went to Westlake Ace in KCK to talk to the owner about the freezing temperatures and plants. We headed back and I edited the vo/sot on the avid.

Sunday 8 April 2007
22:13 -- bedroom

Thursday I began my vacation. This one is only for 9 days. It has been stupidly cold since Moanday night. April is always hit or miss for weather. I haven't been doing much.


Thursday 5 April 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

I went to the trailer to do a little cleaning plus to make sure it didn't freeze up during the cold start of April. I've been wanting to get a picture of this googie gas station in Bates City for a long time. It is now a construction office.




Thursday 5 April 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

On the way home I got stuck in traffic at the 291 bridge across the Missouri river. Apparently there was a jumper that the police and fire were attempting to talk down.



Friday 6 April I more or less hung around the house. I left the dome light on so the van wouldn't start. Suyen and I went to Good Friday mass. We tried to be good afterward and eat only seafood at Jazz. We then came home.

TMI

Stevo

No comments: