Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday 28 April through.....

Shat Turd Day 28 April 2007
20:06 -- YJ's Snack Cafe
18th and Wyandotte
Kansas City, Missouri

Today I worked with Kim. The weather has finally gotten really warm. It was a bueatiful day and has turned out to be a nice spring evening. The storms from yesterday have finally gone out of the picture. I need a rest from chasing. All that driving can wear you out. I am meeting with George and John about the thing at 14:00 on Moanday. At woik today, our first assignment was to do lives from the aids walk. Kansas City, apparently has one of the largest of this type of event in the nation and has been doing it for 19 years. That is since 1988 if I'm not mistaken.

What Kim and I packaged was this.

After woik I went to Surplus Exchange. I found a Ikegami monitor for five bucks, which is great if it works. I haven't tested it yet. It is a flow through, meaning that is has video in and out which is handy if you are short on inputs and need to put the monitor in line with something else, like a recorder. They also had a sale on power strips. You cannot have enough of them, and since they were $2.00 a piece, I got 6 of them. They seem to have a good variety of very sturdy nice strips.

When I got homo, Suyen was busy cleaning the garage. She found my Sony TRV-900 camera, which I was looking for to make it a dash cam. The deck on it is bad -- the cats dropped it, but the camera is good, I hope. I got the weed eater out and I planted some grass seed too. The garage and the yard look nicer now.

I took Suyen to woik as she is on call. I took Tima to the dawg park at Penn Valley, and now we are at YJ's waiting on Suyen. I wrote more at www.frieghttrain.blogspot.com. Now I've got to try to finish up last weeks blog.

2's Day 31 April 2007
01:05 -- living room

Son Day I woiked with Kim. We did the Annual Trolley Run. I did it two years ago with Mark.

I took Suyen to Nebraska Furriture Mart afterwards to look at the fire sales. We then went to YJ's, then choich. We sat right next to Ulali, which is Suyen's friend she hasn't seen in over a year from the chior. They were quite happy to see each other and get re-aquainted. Suyen and I then et at Taj Palace. The waiter, who was also our cook was excellent, and I drank about 5 cups of their great tea. Then we went to YJ's for Jazz, and where we met Ti and Skie. It was a very pleasant evening. I talked to Micah a bit there too. Micah informed me about the shootings at Ward Parkway Mall. It is interesting that I didn't know a thing about it until then.

Moanday I was to go in early and talk to George, Fritz and John about the thing. But everybody at the station was busier than a bunch of one legged men at a butt kicking contest. So the meeting has been pushed back to tomorrow. Today I woiked with Nancy. We talked to family members of the neighbor who was first murdered by the Ward Parkway shooter. I didn't edit it though. Tess and her photog, Michael were struggling as they came in late. So Mike and I worked out where he would edit for me, and I would take both Tess and Nancy to the liveshot and eng it for them since there were no engineers. Tess and Nancy were live at the same location. So it worked out as Mike would rather edit than eng a shoot.

2's Day 1 May 2007
23:39 -- living room

I just uploaded part 2 of our Texas road Trip....


Tiddy I woiked with Tess. We ended up packaging the immigration rally which is becoming an anual thing....

Here is a link to last years blog. You have to scroll down to the bottm to get to Mayday 2006.

Surprisingly we did not have a liveshot tonight. A lack of engineers would have pushed us to the limit as we got the story assignment late and we got in late. So after I got my woik done, I went to do my beatcheck.

Tuesday 1 May 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.



Turds day 3 May 2007

I just uploaded this from our visit to Lawrence, Friday 20 April 2007.

Yestiddy I woiked with Nancy. After running around all day on dead end story ideas, this is what we ended up doing thank's to Pat shooting this. We had trouble during our lives of the drug dealers on the corner threatening us. We had to call the police twice.

I just added this train video from Saturday 21 April 2007. I was searching for a story I was assigned by the desk. I got stopped by this Kansas City Terminal switch job....


I just added this too....

This is from the storm chase from last Friday 28 April 2007.

Fried Day 4 May 2007
09:39
Living Room

Yestiddy I went to YJ's, then Town Toxic for a burger and fries. Then to Union Station for Mic in the Metro. Then I came homo. We just hung out and watched the boob tube.

There is an expectation of severe weather today through ????.

There is talk of chasing today, but I think it may be too far west from KC, and the storm chasers are talking about a mainly overnight event. Ghod, I hate chasing at night! I have some prior commitments today, so I hope nothing signifigant pops that'll have me kicking myself for not being ready.


Tomorrow might be better. The storms will be at our doorstep and even in our area. Maybe tomorrow afternoon after woik.



Moanday 7 May 2007
00:13
bedroom

Friday afternoon, I picked up Suyen and we went to Mom and Dad's for dinner and movies.

TMI

Stevo

No comments: