Monday, April 09, 2007

Sunday 7 April to Friday 13 April 2007 -- TEXAS ROAD TRIP

Moanday 9 April 2007
05:45 -- bedroom

Saturday 7 April Suyen and I stayed around the house and just recouperated from our nasty colds we got. I got mine from work, and gave it to Suyen. Suyen has been struggling at her work lately. So we both need this time off. We are planning a trip, perhaps to Texas just to get away. As my video editing equipment grows to huge proportions when I put it together, Suyen banned me from the office and down into the basement. It is just as well as the basement will be better as I can spread out in there. I am on a nostalgic kick for some reason, so after my trip to the trailer where I retrieved some of my earliest vhs tapes from back in 1989 when I started recording bands, I decided to upload some of my early SCeNe 6 stuff to YouTube. We were going to have our housewarming on this day, but decided against it as the weather turned cold and miserable and it was the day before easter when a lot of people would be busy with family.

Easter Sunday 8 April -- We got up and went to Redemptorist. It was really crowded -- we had to stand in the back. After choich, we went to YJ's for brunch as it was probably the least crowded option on this day. Then we went to the trailer where a guy met us who wants to buy my old Dodge van for scrap. We decided we weren't in a hurry to get rid of it as it is usueable for storage. We didn't get as much done as we hoped to. Then we went to Debbies for dinner. Afterward we went to Hyvee, mostly for cat food. Then we came home to watch teevee. I started uploading my SCeNe 6 video clips to YouTube. We are finalizing our plans to go to Dallas. We have asked boB if he would like to come. He would like to but he has a job interview. We may postpone our trip until later Moanday night after boB's interview or early Tuesday morning.


Moanday 9 April -- I can't sleep for some reason -- have wierd dreams. Suyen has a doctors appointment at 9. I talked to boB, he wants to go but doesn't know if he'll be able to. He really wants to go to the 6th floor exhibit on the Kennedy assasination. I've finished uploading the other two videos...



Moanday 16 April 2007

Here is the link to our Texas Road Trip photos......

http://www.flickr.com/gp/18082492@N00/m5719j



Tuesday 17 April 2007
Living room

After much hemming and hawing and delay, we finally headed out late afternoon Moanday.

We headed to Topuka to pick up boB. He had a job interview so we had to get him after. We met him at Lazios, then headed down the highway down south. I drove all the way to the Texas state line, then boB took it over from there. We checked into La Quinta in Farmersville. It was dawn Tuesday Moaning.


When we awoke in the afternoon, we headed the rest of the way into Dallas after eating butt fey in the motel resturant. We gave the waitress a hard time about her accent.
We spent the afternoon at Dealy Plaza and the JFK memorial. boB is a huge conspiracy nut, and the place was like a mecca to him. He got to talk to a guy who makes a living taking people around the plaza talking about the conspiracy. Then boB met a famous JFK conspiracy author, Robert Groden . Afterward we walked around downtown Dallas we went to the west end to look at the shops there. Tima is very popular with kids. Then we went to Reunion Tower and had smoothies and snacks in the revolving lounge. Suyen was quite upset with me as she wanted us to have a romantic getaway. We drove around Deep Ellum after the lounge, then crashed in the motel.

Wednesday we checked out and went to the Galleria and South Fork. Suyen was quite grumpy and was giving me tampo. boB finally got her to talk and be in a better mood in the afternoon. We went to Fort Worth and visited the water gardens which was famous for being used in the 1976 movie "Logan's Run." We went to the stockyards
and ate at Riscky's steak house. We wandered around awhile, then went a long way to search for a motel. We ended up at the La Quinta on the West side of Fort Worth.

Thursday we got up and, after checking out, went back to the stockyards.

Afterwards we left Fort Worth on the way home. I had one last side trip I wanted to go on. I went to Larry McMurtry's hometown -- Archer City. We ate at the Dairy Queen which was featured in "Texasville." Then boB and I visited "Booked Up" Larry McMurtry's book store. Suyen had been working on her grumpyness all afternoon, and was in rare form by the time we left and went through Wichita Falls on the way through Oklahoma and home. We stopped in Wichita, Kansas to have vittles at Appleby's. We arrived Topuka by 01:30, and dropped boB off at home. Then we headed homo and got there by 03:00.

Friday Suyen and I ironed out our differences on the trip. We hosted mom and dad for dinner. The weather turned kind of snowy by 21:00.

No comments: