Thursday, January 25, 2007

Another rolling blog maybe?

14:30 -- I'm in the doctors office with Suyen. She is here have her high blood pressure checked. She woiked last night on a case and is quite tired now. We may be getting a new fridge later today. I went into woik with the cherrybomb to get the van so we could haul some excess garbage to Bates City from our house. They will only allow two bags, and I'm trying to clean up the left over residue of the previous occupants of our house. On the way to the station, I was stopped dead on 169 by traffic waiting for the President who is in Lee's Summit speechifying today. It is frustrating that they just don't close down the whole highway as they have a convenient place to block it off at the ramp, and people can detour down I-29. But NO, they have you go until you can't turn around with no signs or anything, so there you are stuck! I got the van, and stopped at Surplus Exchange on the way back. I got two Bunn professional coffee makers. One for us and one to ship to the Philippines if anyone were interested, or maybe both are for us when we host parties or what not. At $20.00, that is a good buy even for a used one. I picked up Suyen and got the garbage (now I'm Arlo Guthrie) hopefully I won't run into officer Obie in Bates City. I won't be letting our little pile of garbage join any big piles of garbage at the bottom of a ravine. Suyen promptly chewed me out for the coffee machine purchase, and we headed on our way. At the split of 169 and I-29 southbound, I made the mistake of asking Suyen if she'd like to see Air Force One. WEeeellll, this time the motorcade was coming back from Lee's Scummit, soooo, we got stuck the second time --- D'oh!

14:48 -- In the waiting room wating. While waiting I uploaded some pix.....

Wednesday 24 January 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

Tess and I did a story about the KCMO snow plow drivers being accused of plowing too fast and breaking out local businesses windows. We went to Gaines Furniture Outlet who claims to have $7000.00 worth of damage, and while there, the owner of the building at 1924 main approached us and told us his antique stained glass was broken as well, so we went there and got pix and sound with him. We did our lives at 9 and 10 there.



Thursday 25 January 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

When I got up today, Suyen came home. We had brekkus and then she retired to bed before having to go out to the doctors. I gave her an old fashioned tuck in. She complained she couldn't move and she looked like a coccoon. I went on to trade the cherrybomb for the van then onto Surplus Exchange.



Thursday 25 January 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

Here Suyen is waiting in Dr. Scott's waiting room.



We will schedule appointments with heart doctors to do some preventative check ups. Dr. Scott says Suyen is just suffering from stress on her muscles and nerves in her neck and arms.

Friday 26 January 2007

00:32 -- I'm at home in our office getting ready to go to beddie. We got our Fridge...

Thursday 25 January 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

We got our Fridge. Nebraska Furniture Mart was having a sale. Wooo Hooooo!


We stopped by the Sears Outlet first, but their prices were not as great as we thought. We had to go somewhere to compare the prices. So we went to the trailer first to check on it and dump our trash. Going to the trailer makes Suyen sad. It is a part of our life that is passing by. Afterward, we headed via I-70 to Nebraska Furniture Mart. They were having a sale. We found a double door LG in the sales section. It was listed at $999.00, minus 12% for the sale they were having on excess appliances. In the end it cost us about $1000.00, which is not bad for a fridge these days.

TMI

Stevo

No comments: