Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday 9 April 2006

15:27 -- I'm sitting in Crave Cafe. I got off woik at 14:00, and went to Mission Road in Westwood to walk the neighborhood and grab some flyers from some of the houses I saw for sale there. Most are out of our price range. Yesterday I worked with Bob on a story about a shooting at Price Chopper in Blue Springs. Last week there was a murder in Blue Springs, so the Police there are a little overwhelmed. I got some vo's as we are short this weekend and finally got to eat at Town Topic for Lunch. Today was a little calmer. Lori and I did our lives at 34th and Broadway where the police tactical units were staged because at around 05:00, police went into the Apple Market and found a guy with a sawed off shotgun. The police shot at him and nicked him before he turned himself in. The tactical units were there sweeping the building in case the guy had a buddy in there. After the morning lives I shot a Palm Sunday service at St. Michaels Episcopal church and I shot an easter egg hunt at 106th and Nall in the Leawood City Park. I got a chance to eat brunch at the Corner in Westport. When I was wrapping up the easter egg hunt, a woman came up to me adament that we should do a story on why the park was not recycling the easter eggs -- so, there you go, the Leawood City Park was not recycling their plastic easter eggs this year -- shame shame shame.

The Corner Restuarant = http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en&q=corner+restaurant&near=Kansas+City,+MO&radius=0.0&latlng=39099722,-94578333,10307930875611331260&sa=X&oi=local&ct=result&cd=1

St. Michaels = http://www.stmaa.com/

No comments: