Friday, April 28, 2006

Saturday 29 April 2006

08:49 -- I am sitting in front of Internet Xtreme, Ninoy's cafe. We finally got the wifi working so now I can sit here with my laptop and check email and work at my ease. It is nice to sit here and watch things go by on the street in Compostela. It will be a great addtion to Ninoys cafe for college students with laptops and for tourists who pass through. We have spent the past couple of days getting caught up from the Island. Pa's sisters came over yesterday. They seemed to enjoy my videos of the train trip in October. We leave early tomorrow morning for the States. Pa is very sad as Suyen has told him that we probably won't be back for 2 years. My rotten cold has progressed to sniffling sneezing and stuffyness, which will be fun on a plane. I'll see if I can get something like Nyquil Nitetime to knock me out so I'll sleep all the way. Vacation is almost over and I am about vacationed out which is good. We spent the past few days taking trips into the city. On Wednesday Ninoy went swimming with his dog and I got swarmed by the local young kids as soon as I got my video camera out. Yesterday Ninoy and I went around to a Jeepney stop and talked to some of the drivers/passengers about Jeepneys. They didn't have a whole lot to say except that it's a cheap means to an end and that they didn't particularly care for that mode of transport except that it's a living for drivers and a way from getting from point a to b for passengers.

19:21 -- We have had the big family dinner and going away party. We took some portraits and tomorrow bright and early, or is that dark and early, we are heading to the airport here in Cebu bound back for Manila. I am sitting in front of Internet Xtreme again as Suyen is seeing if we can print our online boarding passes from United yet.

No comments: