Monday, July 02, 2007

Saturday 30 June to Friday 6 July 2007

Moanday 2 July 2007
Living room

23:12 --

Shaturday I was awakened after getting ohh, maybe a whole 20 minutes of sleep with bad news. Suyen's father, Alfredo Paradela passed away. Suyen whispered it to me and I awoke instantly. Shaturday was a very long day for us. Suyen was sad and crying and couldn't be left alone, so I called in sick as I wasn't able to get any sleep, and I wouldn't be able to safely operate a truck. The weather was perfect for the mood. It had been raining all week, and the rain really came down on Saturday. We went to Redemptorist to see about having a mass said in Suyen's fathers name. Suyen bought some office furniture from work. She was also working. We finally got some sleep. Then we went to get the furniture. It was very heavy. Then we went to my parents, where Mom made us dinner and she and Dad consoled Suyen. I got my tool boxes that had been sitting at home since 1997. Then we headed home and unloaded all the stuff.

Sonday we got up early and went to choich. We attended the 07:30 Mass. Father Shea did the mass. He said the announcement perfectly. After mass, Suyen talked to father Shea. He consoled her as she cried. Suyen and I went to Denny's for brekkus. I then went to woik. I did a 10 to 18:00 shift. I was with Eric, as they had to call him in to fill the shift. We went to Osawatomie to report on the flooding. Osawatomie is being inundated from the north and the south.

This is a bad rendering of my guestimation of the flooding in Osawatomie that we saw on Sunday 1 July 2007


We did sattelite lives from there. Tony was the engineer.


Moanday we both slept in. Suyen had the day off as she had been working cases all weekend. She is quite depressed. I woiked 14:30 to 22:30. I was on vo patrol but quite busy all day. A teacher was caught having sex with a student, so Al wanted me to go to Lawrence to ask some parents of LHS students. They were going to Red Dog Days -- a popular exercise program. I got two parents to talk, then I asked if I could shoot the Red Dog Days, and Al said he'd use the vid If I did. When I got back, I edited Sherita's pkg, and I was asked if I could edit a rollout for the morning. I struggled with it in the Avid, but I couldn't find the slow mo function and there was no one to ask about it, so I had to leave it be.


Mon 2 July 2007 daymap, originally uploaded by studestevo.

This is a map of today's routes I took on my vo patrol. I left from home, went to 1801 White in KCMO. Then I went back to the station. Afterward I went to Lawrence and back. Now I'm heading homo.



I'm homo and Suyen is still depressed about her dad.

breakingWindsday 4 July 2007
Bedroom

02:00 -- Just got back from a long day dealing with flooding....

7-3-07 Day Map, originally uploaded by studestevo.

We headed to Schell City for a flooding story. By Turdsday it is expected most of the small town will be under water. We found it difficult to get there as 71 hwy was closed and all the roads going south seemed to be closed. We were told to go to 13 Hwy, but after talking to an old guy in Rockville, we found out that the road through Taberville was still open. So we finally found our way to Schell City to get the vid of the efforts down there. We met our sat truck back at Taberville at a bait store called Hookers.



Tuesday 3 July 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

This is my guesstimation of where the floodwaters were on Tuesday 3 July 2007. By Thursday Morning, the waters are expected to have completely inundated Schell City we are hearing.


This has all the flooding stories on it from the past few days.

I got another thing from ebay. It is a wv-f250 camera.

I got this on ebay.



10:37 -- Living Room



11:22 -- Suyen asked me to upload this....


Wednesday the 4th was spent on vo patrol. It didn't get busy until late when a lot of violence erupted across the city. I hate holidays like this.

Wednesday 4 July 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

The sunset was gorgeous this evening. It must've been all the smoke from the fireworks.



Turdsday 5 July 2007
Living room

Suyen and I went to Union Station after sleeping in late. We planned out our train trip. It is KC to LA to San Francisco to Seattle to Chicago and back. Some segments will be in sleepers, which is something I've never done before and will be nice.

Thursday 5 July 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

This is the old Harvey House googie sign that was in front of Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri. I wonder if that sign exists within the basement of the station somewhere.


13:04 --

Frieday 6 July 2007
bedroom

00:46 --

shaturday 7-7-07

21:48 -- bedroom

Frieday Suyen and I went shopping, then we went to Lawrence. It was very hot and
Tima got tard. We had ice cream at Sylas and Maddies. I got some RCU's, and paid for them with a cashiers check which was a big pain in the but. I went to shoot trains but none showed up. A high railer came by which makes me think there was some trackwork somewhere holding up traffic.

Friday 6 July 2007, originally uploaded by studestevo.

Suyen and I ate on the front porch of Jeffersons in Lawrence, Kansas on this warm summer evening.

We ate at Jeffersons, then went to Kansas City to meet Debbie at First Friday in the crossroads.

Friday 13 2007
14:16 -- Office

The 1st Friday was kind of interesting. Some street performers were proving that many hours of theramin can be noisy.


The theremin is a very interesting instrument.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin

TMI

Stevo

No comments: