Tuesday, August 01, 2006

LOCATION: Living room
Ballerina Mobile Home Country Club Community
With Larry King on CNN talking about Isreal/Lebanon

CODE YELLOW

I neglected to post this the other day......

It is a timelapse from Sunday.

I also got another favorites channel on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A152D026975C2801
Now, those of you who know me know I love trains. I've compiled my train videos into this handy dandy list.

Yesterday, I pitched a story idea via the intranet at woik. Today they were interested in doing it, but we couldn't pull it together. So, instead, Nancy and I did a follow up on the Raytown South Cheerleaders, who will now be able to compete in a cheerleading competition.

We didn't have a live tonight, so after my work was done, I had time to go into the crossroads to do a beat check, which I did at the Brick.

TMI

Stevo

00:24
So when beats were assigned at work, It was suggested that I get the Crossroads beat. I have been pursueing that beat with a lot of heart and vigor. However, tonight, it occurred to me that perhaps the crossroads is a bit narrow. I was thinking that my interests are in the arts and culture of this area, and thus I should expand my role to advocating stories that involve arts and culture within the viewing area. Now, some people may balk at my use of the word "advocate." However, I feel that I am an advocate of arts and culture the way that a sports person would be an advocate of sports. In other words, I feel there is a need to push the stories, ideas and issues involved in arts and culture. To put it another way, journalists are supposed to have a detachment from their subject. However, there is no journalist that would not be for promotion of their own community. My feeling is that arts and culture add tremendously to the liveability of a community. In a sense, that is what I am advocating.

TMI

Stevo

No comments: