Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Saturday 2 June through Friday 8 June 2007

2'sday 5 June 2007
02:20
Bedroom

Shaturday I was with Lori. We did lives on the Hospital Hill run. I had to go home after the lives because of a bad headache.

Sonday Lori and I did the 11th and Benton Crime scene where a woman was murdered probably by her husband. Then Kim and I went after a story about an 18 year old girl who was apparently abducted. Both are sad stories.

Moanday I was with Tess. We did a follow up on the girl who was abducted out of OP. We even went to Belton to talk to parents of another girl who disappeared about a month ago. It got nutty as night fell and we were running around like heads with our chickens cut off trying to do the lives and putting new information on the air. Kyl eng'd and Jason heped with the new surveillance video.

Windsday 6 June 2007
Dungeon

01:04 -- today is the 63rd anniversary of D-day -- the allied invasion of Normandy. Lets take some time today to pause and remember.

2'sday I woiked with Dave. It was kind of a cluster of a day. I know when I will have a bad day when my story doesn't start until 7. We got 'r done even though we got lost looking for Winnetonka High School. It was a sad memorial for that kid who drowned last week in a culvert. We even had some adventure on the way as we went to the house explosion in Independence. We were the first and ONLY team on the scene for quite a while. We just happened to see the smoke as we were heading to our vo/sot on the missing porter kids. They have been missing since 2004. It seems to be a favorite time of year for abductions. Today they held a vigil in Independence. I wish I could post links to our other two stories, but I can't find them. Maybe they are somewhere else on the page I don't know about --- www.myfoxkc.com

Also, I've been working hard on the Billy Christ
videos. I've got the first segment done -- the Phantom Enemy part. The sound isn't what I'd want it to be, but the video is pretty cool. I will post it as soon as I can get it online -- one part of it of course. Editing this stuff has been a never ending source of heartbreak and frustration. I've had one technical problem after another. Our G-5 went down with a Kernel Panic error, and now I have to take it to the shop. SUX:(:(:(

11:35 -- Here it is.....


Thursday 7 June 2007
bedroom

01:43-- I've had a looong day. I woiked with Nancy. I got to ride in a corporate jet today for our story. It was fun but very tiring as I had to hold the camera up in a wierd position for the duration of our short flight. Hopefully you will be seeing all about it tomorrow. But, when we got done shooting our story and were heading to get some vittles, we were called off of our assignment and were sent to where they found the body of Kelsey Smith. It was sad. We only really had to cut and front two vo/sots for the 9 and 10. The police all cleared out and we were allowed to go where the body was found. It was creepy. We found out later that we were standing at the exact spot where her body was found. The trail in that area of Longview park is beautiful and serene. It is just hard to imagine. There is not much evidence there after the police cleared the scene. It is almost like nothing happened. You never know in this business where you will end up when you wake up that day. Today I was taken to some great heights (literally) and to some really low lows. Rest in Peace.

Frieday 8 June 2007
dungeoun

01:08 -- I'm watching a video I shot today while stormchasing. This time I went with stormfox. We actually caught some good stuff south of Hardin. We saw a brief spinup and recored it on video. We followed that rotation on east but nothing really ever got as strong as that spinup by Hardin. We were able to give early warning to them and to people on east. I saw a dust field that looked like debris west of Carrolton. We reported it and tornado warning sirens went off in Carrolton. A while later, it felt good when a citizen told us that Carrolton was hit by a bad microburst after the sirens went off. We chased at far as Brunswick, then we headed south towards Marshall and headed back home. Suyen is not so pleased with me as she says we never spend time together and I never do anything for her. We are volunteered to help at the Redemptorist homecoming Saturday. It starts at 17:30. We are to hep on the obstacle course. Mot-ly's memorial is tomorrow followed by a parade from YJ's to the Late Show Gallery. That starts at 17:30 too.

02:04 -- Here is what was caught on Fox 4 tonight. This is sort of the tail end of what we saw. I think this is more of the inflow on the tail end of the rotation. I reviewed the video. We definitely saw rotation on the ground. However, I wish the tape hadn't dropped out at that exact spot. I did record enough of it to get it and see very well the rotation.

Shaturday 9 June 2007
YJ"s

05:09-- Friday started out bad but started getting better. I stressed out over stupid things. It started with Tima, who somehow busted her expensive harness so that she could get herself nearly killed running loose in the neighborhood. When I saw her she had a car behind her honking. I put her on the deck, but then noticed Katrina had a baby rabbit pinned in the yard. So went I went to rescue the rabbit, fwomp, out went Tima. I had it about then. I took the rabbit with me to Wal* art, which I'm trying to swear off because of the rotten way they are treating their "associates" and their customers. However, the rabbit jumped out of the box. It was injured, but I know of no one that'll take a rabbit in. So, I set it free for a hawk to eat. Then I went to Wal* art to wander around aimlessly looking for dog and cat food and flea stuff and a choke chain for Tima. When I got back home, Tima showed up when I started pouring catfood. So I got her and put the choke chain on her. Then I put her on her leash in the yard and yelled at her. There she will stay for awhile. I mowed the yard in my anger thinking about stupid things and stupid people. Then I went to woik to drop off the radio and DVD's. I talked to Mike and George. They seemed to be really happy about the STormfox stuff on Thoisday. So I went to YJ's, then homo. When Suyen showed up I was washing the lake muck off of Tima with the garden hose and dish soap. Suyen and I then went to Ameristar. I didn't violate my crazy diet. Then we went to Debbies, and we took her to the Late Show Gallery, where they were holding a memorial showing of the Late Mott-ly's art and music. I met some of my old friends there including David Goodrich, who now lives in OKC. I talked about doing a music video montage of Mott-ly and his art to one of the songs by Mudhead. Then Debbie, Suyen and I went to YJ's. They had the Jazz jam guys there playing. It was a nice cool evening for June.

TMI

Stevo

No comments: