Sunday, May 27, 2012

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 02:05
bed

Again, I spent waay too much time on the computer -- a slave to the technology.

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 09:56
WDAF
1 (816) 753-4567
Kansas City, MO
http://m.google.com/u/m/dKlOS8

Woik -- My hours have been switched to to CWI's vacation.  I and another photog are working the same hours for some reason.   I got into my car and arranged the phone mount on the dash.  I've got it so that it won't slip and will not mark up my windshield or dash, I hope.  I also put the rubber floor mats on top of the carpeted ones -- it is something I've been meaning to do as the rubber ones should be easier to clean.

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 13:59
WDAF
1 (816) 753-4567
Kansas City, MO
http://m.google.com/u/m/zoYQdd

I arrived back and got my clips into lacie.  I told RPA that I have enough for a package, and what I got.  I was sent on vo patrol as the other photog wanted to work with a reporter.  I first drove down to check on a motorcycle accident, which cleared.  I was then sent to a shooting in Lee's Summit.  It turned out to be a shooting in the parking lot of a recreation facility.  It was wierd -- there was police tape and cops everywhere doing an investigation on a really small crime scene, and about 30 feet away, there was a soccer mactch on, like nothing happened.  Turned out to be two african american males who knew each other.  They arranged to meet in the parking lot, and one shot the other in the cheek.  I got to talk on camera to two witnesses -- an interview I shared with 41.  We then got sound with the Lee's Summit Police PIO:

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 14:25
Filling Station Coffee
1 (816) 960-6448
1010 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111
http://m.google.com/u/m/wvPowV

I finally got a chance to get some kawfee and my oatmeal.  I decided afterward to get Tima and some lawn chairs.

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 15:22
Homo

I have my phone on to recieve assignments, and I need to get gas for the car.  I decided to head up north and get some lawn chairs from home and Tima.  I won't have a chance to drive up here due to my hours being switched.

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 15:43
QuikTrip
1 (816) 453-3388
528 Northwest Englewood Road, Kansas City, MO 64118
http://m.google.com/u/m/

After getting the lawn chairs and Tima, I got gas and diet soda and water plus an apple.  The new cars seem to have smallish tanks plus we drive a lot of miles.  I'm already approaching 700 miles on the odometer.

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 16:14
WDAF
1 (816) 753-4567
Kansas City, MO
http://m.google.com/u/m/x9abfd

I arrived at woik just in time for GVA to have her stuff read by RPA.  I edited in CSU's bay #2.  It is set up funny like most of the bays are.  Everytime I make an edit it switches into a mutli- window mode which is a pain in the ass.  Forget about the apple mouse.  Those things are nice to look at but they don't work too well, especially on a white surface, which these edit bays have for table finish.  I brought my lapdock in to charge my phones, and I'm using the mouse I use with it.  It is a little sensitive with the mac, but it works much better.  I finished editing when PHO called me to tell me that Tima bit the janitor.  This is getting old.  I talked to him and he was ok.  No sense in even scolding her anymore.  I put the muzzle on her and I'm wondering if it is a mistake to bring her anywhere.

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 18:32
Y J's Snack Bar
1 (816) 472-5533
128 West 18th Street, Kansas City, MO 64108
http://m.google.com/u/m/dWI43k

I called Suyen as soon as I got loaded and ready to go.  I thought it was funny she didn't call me by now.  She is taking some sort of test at work.  I told her to meet me at YJ's. 

- 2012/05/27 Sunday 22:41
Homo

We had great weather at the Celebration at the Station event.  I thought it was either going to be blazing hot or raining cats and dogs.  The storms out west created a covering of clouds for us here that it cooled everything off perfectly.  We were having a hard time getting ahold of James.  Suyen showed up at YJ's late and we walked in carrying one light lawn chair.  Even though we went light, Tima, the camera and lens, tripod and chair were heavy after awhile.  All the people with cell phones made it impossible to get messages through.  Suyen and I stationed ourselves at the Titanic anchor so we could be easy to find.  After about 5 texts and 3 calls, James finally got them and found us.   We went over where his dad and his dad's friends were just in time for the 1912 Overture and the fireworks.  Tima was terrified as usual of the boom booms.  Afterwards we went through the station carrying Tima and then parted ways at the parking lot.  Suyen and I treked back to YJ's then went home.

No comments: